Friday, August 21, 2009

Google Listener

I just read this article about the new 'Google Listener' App they released for Android.

I like the idea of being able to search for audio clips online. Search on media like video and audio is difficult because you become reliant on meta information for indexing and relating it to searches. Test is easy because you can search the text easily. It appears this isn't as much of a way to search all audio clips online, which would be incredibly difficult, but cool, but a way to find postcasts etc.. kind of like iTunes or something.

Despite my interest, I wonder how much interest others would have in being able to search all the internet for any audio clip posted. I'm always trying to remember quotes or wondering how to get an audio clip of famous speeches, etc. My desire to search audio clips is not for any particular reason, but if I had a way to conveniently do it, I would probably find useful things to do with it.

This could become standard Google search option, like Google Images....oh, the possibilities

No comments: