Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Icon Solution

With a new day and a fresh start I was able to bring my thoughts around. I decided to try messing around with the tag at the begging of my FLEX project to see if there were any options for icons. This proved to be the wrong approach. After some fruitless tries on a few proprieties I decided that maybe it was in the xml file that defines the application title when it is installed. This proved much more successful.
In the [appName]-app.xml there is an 'icon' tag that is commented out.
Remove the comment tag and place the path name to your .png file(s) in the appropriate size.
There are 4 sizes. 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, and 128x128.
*NOTE on the path name: It took me a few minutes to figure out where its 'root' was. It is the src folder in your project. So if you put your images in the src folder all you have to do is put in the name of the file between the corresponding tags.
I would give an example, but I am still learning how to post code on this blog. Hopefully I will have it figured out soon

No comments: